I'm an old-school nerd, doing what I can to support the people who fight to protect the values that America aspires to: fairness, opportunity and respect.
This is about clearing the way, and providing logistical support, including funding, comms, networking, and safety.
We're punching far above our weight, trying to get results with limited resources.
- Promoting trustworthy journalism, including the ethics of news distribution to deny the amplification of disinformation.
- Protecting voting rights and the election from foreign and domestic interference.
- Countering Influence Operations that destabilize our country.
- Securing the Internet and related systems from cybersecurity attacks.
- Supporting local, community, and ethnic media.
- Protecting people from online abuse and harassment, particularly journalists.
- Battling food insecurity, particularly for those affected by the pandemic.
- Helping veterans and their families.
- Fighting for teachers.
- Amplifying and investing in women in tech.
“World War III is a guerrilla information war with no division between military and civilian participation.”
— Marshall McLuhan, “Culture Is Our Business”, 1970, p. 66