Hey, the American Red Cross is holding its nationwide Giving Day on Thursday, April 21. This is the real deal, and it’s a great way to help out families who have been affected by disaster or emergencies. The Red Cross’ Giving Day is a one-day event, and the point’s to rally Americans across the country to support the Red Cross, and help ’em to help others.
The Craig Newmark Philanthropic Fund (CNPF) is helping out by donating $1 each time the hashtag #help1family is used on Twitter and/or Facebook between April 1 – 22, 2016, up to $25K.
- Every year, the Red Cross responds to nearly 66,000 disasters – most of these are home fires, where a family’s lost everything; the roof over their heads, their clothes, and their most cherished possessions.
- It only takes $88.50 (at least according to 2015 numbers) to support a family of 3 with basic essentials for one day following a disaster that affects a community, like a a tornado.
- A gift to Red Cross’ one-day awareness effort can provide urgent relief, like a day’s worth of food, plus blankets and other essentials.
Giving Day’s #help1family effort can help a family begin to recover from a disaster by:
- Supporting a family in urgent need by providing them with a day’s worth of food and other essentials.
- Delivering blankets to help families stay warm, and help ’em get a good night’s sleep.
- Providing clean-up kits after a disaster, including vital items that folks tend to forget about – like mops, buckets, and disinfectant.
If you’re able, please consider donating. You can also make a $10 donation to the Red Cross by texting REDCROSS to 90999. All donations will be processed on April 21, 2016.
Also, remember that every time you use the hashtag #help1family, the CNPF is donating $1, up to $25K. Thanks!